The objective of this seminar is to teach students appropriate fracture diagnosis techniques that are needed to solve glass breakage and other performance related problems.
Topics to be covered are:
- General Principles of Fracture Diagnosis
- Interpretation of Fracture Surface Markings
- Factors Affecting the Strength of Glass
- Identifying Stress Concentrator Types
- Understanding Fracture Patterns
- Several hands-on workshop sessions to provide experience in solving field breakage problems
A brief review of Surface Treatments, Cord and Annealing concepts will be also covered. This seminar is beneficial for personnel in all aspects of the glass manufacturing and container filling industries.
Seminar Duration: Three and 1/2 Days